I wanted you to be open
Open in the sense that you’ll be honest
Honest in the sense that you’ll stay true
True in the sense that you’ll tell me
Tell it to me first.
However, the irony is I’m afraid
I’m afraid to ask
I’m afraid to learn
I’m afraid to face
The truth behind those lies.
How hard is it to say I’m sorry?
How hard is it to say I care?
How hard is it to be true?
How hard is it to be honest?
How hard is it to look into my eyes?
Please don’t tell lies.
I know I am not perfect
But I also know I am doing my best
To be the best for you
Please love me too.
I can see you in front of me
but you never bothered to look.
I am telling you something
but you never bothered to listen.
I am showing you something
but you never take a glance at it.
I hugged you
but never returned my embrace.
I said I love you
but your reply is thank you.
What I do today is my investment for my future.
— From Prof. Uri
No matter how hard you try, there would always be at point in time that a conflict arises in marriage. This is not unusual to happen since two individuals with unique characteristics, values and upbringing live together. From one moment you’re very sweet to your spouse. On another minute, you start arguing. Then, you’ll kiss and make up.
There are no definite techniques in maintaining a good and harmonious environment in marriage. These tips might help.
1. Be the better person.
2. Two individuals, brought together by marriage, are made to complement each other.
3. Learn to accept the individuality of your spouse.
4. Never argue when both parties are very emotional. Nothing gets resolved, and might just worsen the situation. Instead, give time to vent down, and then talk.
5. Having an open communication helps avoid having any doubts to your spouse.
6. Patience is indeed a virtue.
7. Never get tired to listen and understand your spouse.
8. Outweigh negative thoughts by having more positive thoughts.
9. Remember that your love is greater than any challenges.
10. Pray together.
Having children is not the sole meaning of being a father. Being a father means being reponsible and loving the children that he has.